Sunday, January 31, 2016

Coins in Australia

In Australia, there are 6 coins that has individually different price. It can be divided by their color. Color of 1 dollar coin and 2 dollars coin is gold. And the color of the other coin is silver.

For gold coin, the bigger the coin, the smaller the price. But for silver coin, the bigger the coin, the bigger the price.

This is 5 cents coin and 20 cents coin. In these coins, platypus is drawn on the front side of coins.


This is 10 cents coin, and 50 cents coin. In 50 cents coin, there are a kangaroo and a amu drawn on the front side.


In 1 dollar coin, there are kangaroos. And in 2 dollars coin, there is a aboriginal.


The common thing that all of Australian coins have is that in the back side of coins, there is a portrait of Elizabeth. And there are a lot of special edition of coins depending on which year that coins are made. Lastly, there is no 1 cent coin that when the price of item is 99 cents or 98 cents, you should pay 1 dollar.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dave!
    I found myself wondering why platypus is chosen of the motif on the coin, because i think koala is more familiar for me among the Australian animals than platypus. I found that 20 cents was designed by Stuart Devlin. However I couldn't found why he chose platypus.
    Anyway, I enjoyed to read your post. Thank you for sharing the information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice information Dave, because usually I don't notice this kind of details. I just saw the queen Elizabeth and the kangaroos in some coins but the platypus and emu is a surprise for me. I like so much the Australian animals and it's really nice that aussie people feel proud of them so we can see their symbols everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post Dave!!! it is interesting how Australians emphasize their animals and history in those coins. It is good to show people from other parts of the world a little piece of many interesting thing that Australia has.

    ReplyDelete